THE EMBODHIED WELLVOLUTION
The women we care about most are suffering, isn't it time we do something about it? Embodhied's mission is to silence claims by our dieting culture that skinny equals happy or unhappy means broken. You're an important part of this movement for a wellness revolution and evolution. Before you start hyperventilating over more responsibility, know that it's easy to be a catalyst for change. All you have to do is agree to live a compelling and inspirational life. Some simple ideas:
- Read, share and discuss Embodhied blog posts
- Savor life, remembering things to be loved, celebrated and nurtured
- Nourish your curiosity, creativity and deepest desires
- Lead with womankindess for yourself and others
- Celebrate emotions other than fine, ok, great
- Be open about yourself, your journey and those around you
- Join an Embodhied event or schedule 1:1 time with Jenn
Why You? Take a look at the facts below. Which resonate with you, your mom, daughter, sister, bestie... All change takes is one woman at a time. Why not you?
Nearly 50% of girls aged 3-6 are already concerned about their weight.
46% of 9-11 year-olds are “sometimes” or “very often” on diets. 82% of their families are “sometimes” or “very often” on diets.
Approximately 80% of 10 year olds are afraid of being fat and have dieted.
Adolescent girls are more afraid of gaining weight than getting cancer, losing their parents or nuclear war.
35-57% of adolescent girls engage in crash dieting, fasting, self-induced vomiting, diet pills, or laxatives. Including 1/3 of clearly, non-overweight girls 1/3 report dieting.
Ourselves, Our Peers & Our Elders
2 out of 5 women would give up 3-5 years of their life in exchange for weight loss.
95% of all dieters will regain their lost weight in 1-5 years.
35% of “normal dieters” progress to pathological dieting.
Elderly women report an average of 30 years dieting.
- Food is the most often abused anxiety drug.
- An estimated 108 million Americans are on a diet.
- The American Medical Association recognizes 80% of disease is caused by disease in the gut. 70% of our immune system is in and around our gut. Meanwhile processed foods wage war and destroy healthy gut bacteria.